Tuesday, January 27, 2009

25 Random Facts About Me

1. I took 2 years of Japanese language classes in middle school.

2. I have moved at least once a year every year since I graduated from high school.

3. I tore up my ankle (literally) jumping on a trampoline in 8th grade.

4. As a direct result of number 3, I have since fractured a finger and bruised a tendon in my wrist.

5. I love to laugh – I can’t stop myself.

6. I spent 3 ½ years in college studying something I absolutely love and have not spent a day working in my field since.

7. I was exposed to tuberculosis (don’t ask me where, ‘cause I have no idea!) and am currently taking a medication to keep it from becoming active in my system.

8. Said medicine does not allow me to eat the following random list of foods: cheese, yogurt, sour cream, fish, caffeine, avocados, bananas, raisins, figs, sausage, game meat, sauerkraut, soy sauce, and alcohol. Oh, and it can damage my liver too.

9. I am not so excited about numbers 7 & 8.

10. I am the proud owner of 5 bridesmaid dresses (most of which I actually liked). – Proud only because they represent people I love!

11. My very best friends (aka “life friends”) are scattered across the country; in Chicago, Nashville, and Houston.

12. I’ve been going to Savute’s Italian Restaurant on my birthday nearly every year since I can remember. It is also where I spent my first New Year’s Eve at the age of 3 months.

13. I have a very eclectic taste in music and design items. If it’s random I probably like it… or maybe I don’t. For this reason, my friends always complain that it’s hard to buy things for me.

14. My parents are moving to Alabama in six months. *sad face*

15. My little brother and I were born 14 months apart, and people have never been able to tell who was older. Unfortunately, if they were to guess, they have always assumed he was the oldest. Further, people think we either look exactly alike or completely different. Go figure.

16. I adore the color green and puma shoes.

17. My favorite season is fall. I love the crisp air, the smell of grilling and fireplaces, anything pumpkin scented or flavored, jackets and hoodies, the way God’s creation explodes with rich colors, football, pumpkin cream cheese muffins at Starbucks, Frankenberry cereal (which you can only find near Halloween), and, of course, my birthday!

18. I am the proud (though very part-time) nanny to a 4-year-old named Gavin. We have a blast together and he lights up my world! He does, however, love to play Transformers, which I know nothing about. I think I frustrate him because I ask him tons of questions and I always want to transform the toys when all he wants to do is “fight”.

19. My parents are AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC!!! I love them with all of my heart, and they ALWAYS have my back!

20. My God is my rock. Seriously. My faith in Jesus Christ is the one thing that keeps me going; and my trust in His ultimate control of my life is the only reason I don’t completely freak out most days.

21. My brother nearly broke my nose with the head of a cabbage patch doll when we were little.

22. My favorite book of the Bible is James.

23. My car was in the shop for nearly two months when I lived in Houston. Praise God for a roommate that didn’t mind being a chauffeur!

24. Speaking of my car, I have put more money into repairs on that car in the last year and a half than I paid for it originally.

25. I’m writing 27 random things about me, because that’s more random and that’s just the way I am.

26. I like carpenter/craftsman-style architecture.

27. My favorite font is Berlin Sans FB.

No comments: