Saturday, October 4, 2008

Journey of a Red Fridge

This photo sums up the way my own journey often feels. No, I don't feel like the red fridge. Most of the time I feel like the poor man carrying the red fridge. I am walking up this mountain, a difficult task in itself, and for some reason I have chosen to carry this fridge with me. It contains all my worries and concerns and every single tiny little thing I think I might possibly need to deal with any problem in my path. Rather than trusting my loving Father God, I would rather strap my life to my back and bear its burden. While the stupidity of this brilliant plan becomes obvious when compared to a man carrying a fridge up a mountain, it's not usually so obvious in my everyday life. You know, looking at this picture further gives me a new perspective. I said before that I was not the red fridge, but the man carrying it. In reality, I SHOULD be the red fridge, and that man carrying it should be my God. He has the strength and energy and willingness to carry me. Now why must I be so stubborn and demand to do it myself?!

No comments: